Dr. Richard Riedler
Dr. Riedler entered the Legal Faculty of Eötvös University as an exempt applicant, scoring 4th place on the academic contest “Scientists of the future” in history in 1993. During his university studies, Dr. Riedler successfully applied for Bibó College and became a full member from 1995 to 1998. Dr. Riedler focused on civil and commercial law and civil procedure law in his studies and attended several special courses held at Bibó College. Dr. Riedler wrote numerous essays on law of contracts, scoring awards in the contest of civil law section of Bibó College. Dr. Riedler was also interested in the practice of the Courts and scored an award of pleading contest named “Elek Kaszó”. Dr. Riedler graduted in 1998 with “summa cum laude” (with honors) degree.
Dr. Riedler started to gain working experience before graduation and worked for Hungary’s leading electricity Company for over three years from 1995. Dr. Riedler also received a permanent scholarship from the Company for his excellent academic reports.
Dr. Riedler started to work for a leading Law Firm in Budapest as a trainee lawyer in 1998 and started his private practice in 2002 cooperating with other leading law firms and consulting Companies. Dr. Riedler passed the bar exam in 2002 with excellent degree, and entered the Budapest Bar later this year.
Dr. Riedler has various experience in civil law, commercial and administrative litigation and domestic arbitrage cases in the past 15 years.
Dr. Riedler also participated in liquidation and insolvency proceedings and collection arrangement cases on a retaining basis. Dr. Riedler provided legal services on tax cases as well as labour law and data protection cases. Dr. Riedler participated in criminal law cases related to tax law and commercial law cases.
Dr. Riedler’s experience includes consulting, advising as well as representing various domestic and multinational Companies in and out of Court disputes and everyday legal issues, including:
- leading French Bank’s general legal services,
- leading German industrial and commercial Company’s general legal services on a retaining basis,
- leading French cooperage Company’s Hungarian joint stock Company’s general legal services on a retaining basis,
- leading Israeli pharmaceutical Company’s general legal services on a retaining basis,
- representing one of the three Hungarian cell phone provider’s leading distributor in several compensation cases in arbitration and at state Court, the full sum of compensation exceeded HUF 600 million,
- labour law and data protection law cases launched by employees of one of the three Hungarian cell phone providers, the compensation for employees exceeded HUF 300 million,
- representing a top public US forwarding Company’s – quoted on NYSE – Hungarian affiliate in an outstanding demurrage and detention case, sum of demurrage and detention exceeded HUF 400 million,
- representing investors in stock exchange arbitration cases, compensation exceeded HUF 100 million,
- representing Hungary’s leading independent new/used truck vehicle trading Company in several arbitration cases launched by banks, full sum of claims exceeded HUF 9 billion,
- general and full legal services provided for a Hungarian state owned power plant Company on the planning, implementation and set up of an EU funded green energy power plant, providing heating, hot water and electricity for more than 20,000 customers,
- representing Europe’s leading paper production Company as a creditor in liquidation proceedings,
- representing Hungary’s leading goose feather processing Company in a tax law case,
- drafting and supervising contracts for Hungary’s leading goose feather processing Company,
- advising mainly Russian investors in cross boarder tax planning and de-offshorization cases, as well as in their investments in Hungary,
- advising and representing European investors and expats in immigration proceedings and related legal services.